Birmingham to Leadenhall Market 12 July 2019
30th Anniversary Challenge
It’s been 30 years since a consortium of Syndicates from Lloyd’s of London established Lutine, as a regional Life Underwriting Office.
We’ve seen many changes over that time; including a move to relocate our Group Life Servicing facility to Doncaster, whilst renewing our presence in London Markets with a foot back in the Square Mile.
To celebrate Lutine’s 30th Anniversary, the Ride4Life team will be riding from the original offices in Newhall Street, Birmingham back to Lloyd’s, or more precisely the Lamb Tavern in Leadenhall Market on 12th July 2019.
The aim is to head out with the dawn chorus, to ride the 128 miles in time for a late afternoon visit to the Lamb Tavern establishment and have some much needed recovery food of champions, the humble sausage roll! Those of you who have followed us over the years will have taken note of its restorative qualities!
Last year’s Ride4Life team is joined by a few other colleagues from across the wider Group and a few key business and supplier contacts, all working towards hitting their ambitious £10k fundraising target. The 12 strong Ride4Life team is made up of:
- Andy Coles, Director – Lutine
- Gary Bennett, Business Development Underwriter – Lutine
- Gavin Pumford, Head of Operations – URIS
- Max Burrows, Head of Risk & Compliance – URIS
- Richard Allen, Head of IT – URIS
- Ian Barclay, MD of Retail Property – URIS
- Adrian Scott, Underwriting Development Director, Specialty Lines – Geo
- Paul Longhurst, MD – Bishopsgate
- Matt Green, CEO – IDEX Consulting
- Graeme Hamilton, Head of leisure products – Jackson Lee Underwriting
- Louis Hyatt, Group Life & Disability Underwriter – UniLife
- Damien Natale, Event management company – Allezspotives
We’re looking at a seriously long stint in the saddle with some 4,300 feet of ups and downs along the way, but as with our previous year’s Ride4Life – it’s never meant to be easy!
Lutine Business Director